It can pull you up short when walking the dog. It’ll make it harder to play with your grandkids. It can even make it more difficult to make it through a whole day of work. At some point in your life, you’re bound to experience some form of back pain.
Medical research studies report that up to 80% of people will experience some type of back pain in their lifetime. Back pain can be serious, but many cases of back pain can be treated with help from a physical therapist in Newport, Maine.
Turn to physical therapy for effective back pain treatment
Back pain that persists for more than a few days or is extreme requires medical attention because it may be the symptom of something more serious. Physical therapists are medical professionals who can assist you with back pain.
These specialists can build you a personalized back pain treatment plan, and your plan could include therapy methods like:
- Ergonomic recommendations — Your physical therapist will take a look at how you’re sitting, standing and doing other normal daily tasks. They can then help you learn how to do these tasks in ways that are easier on your back.
- Manual therapy — This category of therapy involves your physical therapist using their hands to move your body. They can also help reduce tension in back soft tissue; one study shows that manual therapy led to an almost 63% reduction in back pain.
- At-home care — Many physical therapy teams can send a physical therapist to your home to work with you one-on-one.
- Dry needling — This therapy method involves your physical therapist using thin needles. The needles help create a twitch response in soft tissue that can reduce tension and break up scar tissue.
- Virtual therapy — Many physical therapists can meet with you over a secure online video link. This option allows you to get the care you need from home.
Find treatment for your back pain at Back in Motion Physical Therapy in Newport
Our team at Back in Motion Physical Therapy in Newport has years of experience in treating many physical conditions, including back pain. We offer free screenings to pinpoint the root cause of your back pain. In addition, our therapy experts can create an individualized physical therapy plan designed to reduce your pain and improve your ability to do your normal daily tasks.
Not located in or near Newport? No problem! Our team has six other clinics in Maine that can assist you, and you can visit our locations page to find the clinic that’s most convenient for you. You can also contact us today for more information about the services we offer or to schedule your initial appointment.