Back in Motion® Physical Therapy so unique?
- Hands-on physical therapy by a clinician who works one-on-one with you during your therapy sessions.
- Highly personalized care that’s precisely right for you.
- You’ll usually see the same therapist at every visit, leading to more personalized and effective care.
- We have 9 convenient locations to serve you.
- We offer extensive patient education programs to help you prevent reinjury.
- We open early and close late to accommodate almost any schedule.
- Our staff has over a century of combined experience to draw from to help make sure you get increased function and effective pain relief.
Why should I choose Back in Motion Physical Therapy? What makes us different from other PT clinics in the area?
- We don’t just treat the symptoms! We find the underlying cause of the problem and educate you to prevent it from returning.
- Hands-on treatment during EVERY visit
- One-on-one personalized care for every patient
- Manual therapy, customized exercises and modalities with high focus on patient education and understanding
- Highly educated professional clinicians and support staff
- 9 convenient locations
- Excellent customer service
Do I need to see a doctor before coming to physical therapy?
No. Physical Therapists are musculoskeletal specialists. We are experts who evaluate and treat your pain! Many insurances allow direct access to physical therapy services. Even if they don’t, you are welcome to schedule a complimentary consultation without a prescription to discuss your problem and how physical therapy may help. We can easily assist you in getting the referral by calling your doctor directly with our findings.
What to expect on your first visit.
Our goal is to help you return to living life pain free through physical therapy. We don’t just treat the symptoms, we get to the source of the problem by evaluating the reasons your pain developed and often continues. We provide you with hands-on treatment, a personalized exercise program and education in self-pain management techniques and prevention of future problems.
- You will be welcomed by our friendly front office staff. They will ensure you complete all the paperwork needed before the evaluation, or review the paperwork you brought with you. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- Your physical therapist will conduct a one-on-one evaluation in a private room. This will allow you to fully discuss your condition and any other health concerns.
- During the evaluation your therapist will first explore your medical history, current pain or injury and the activities you are limited in.
- They will take specific measurements of your posture, quality of movement, strength, and perform specific tests designed for evaluating the condition found.
- They will help you understand all of the factors that influence your problem and your specific physical therapy treatment needs. You will be set up with a personalized plan of care that meets your goals of coming in for treatment.
- You will receive treatment and education on the first day to get you started on your road to recovery.
- You will schedule all future appointments of your agreed upon treatment plan. This is very important to secure your preferred treatment time and ensure excellent and quick results.
- Your therapist will formally write up their findings and treatment plan. This is to communicate to your primary care physician or specialist if you were referred by one.
If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call your Front Office Coordinator. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
What you want to bring to your evaluation appointment.
- Your insurance information cards
- Your completed patient paperwork (you can print out the forms from our website)
- If you have one, your physician’s prescription for physical therapy
- Comfortable clothing that allows access to the areas being treated and for exercising.
- Your appointment book or calendar
- Your preferred form of payment.
- Photo ID
What should I wear?
Preferably, loose comfortable clothing so that the areas being assessed are easily exposed for examination. Comfortable shoes are also recommended. Gowns and shorts are also available for your convenience.
How long will each appointment last?
Each treatment lasts for 60-75 minutes and involves one-on-one manual therapy treatment with the physical therapist, therapeutic exercise performed at the clinic to ensure proper mechanics and techniques and usually ends with modalities such as traction, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, ice or heat pack. It is also important to perform any of your prescribed exercises outside of the clinic as recommended by your therapist.
Will I need to exercise and will it be every visit?
Yes. Strengthening, mobility and postural exercises are all very important parts of your treatment. At every visit your exercise program is adjusted and progressed to help move you closer to your goals. Often times the new mobility gained with manual treatment needs exercise immediately following to maintain the gains achieved.
- The exercise is always performed at the clinic first before it is prescribed for your home program to make sure it is done correctly. It will be reviewed for as many visits as needed to ensure good technique. A hand out will be given with diagrams to help you remember your home program. Compliance with a home exercise program will facilitate recovery, makes changes from physical therapy more permanent and help prevent risk of re-injury.
Will I have the same therapist each visit?
We prefer, and do our best, to keep each patient with the same one or two therapists for all of their visits. However, we understand that people have busy schedules. The most important thing is to keep your agreed upon number of visits a week to ensure you don’t delay your recovery! If you need to schedule an appointment and your therapist is not available, it is more important to get treated by another therapist than to miss an appointment and delay your recovery. On occasion, you may see another physical therapist if your treating therapist is gone.
How many visits will I need for my recovery?
The number of visits is dependent on each individual. We always take into account the following:
- The complexity of your problem – A simple problem at one joint versus multiple areas involved leading to your newest problem.
- If there is a surgical protocol to follow.
- The intensity and constancy of your symptoms.
- The length of time you have suffered with your symptoms.
- The effect your problem has had on your life activities.
- The level of activity you need to return to – for example walking easily versus returning to high level sports.
- The amount of training and level of physical improvement you will need to prevent this problem from returning.
- Your consistency in attending the prescribed number of appointments weekly.
- Your effort to actively participate in your home program.
Your treatment can range from a few weeks to a few months. The physical therapist will discuss with you how many visits you will require and how long you should expect to be in physical therapy to achieve maximal function.
How much will I have to pay for physical therapy?
The amount paid out of pocket depends on individual insurance plans and coverage. We will gladly verify your insurance and explain your benefits and financial responsibility before your first visit. However, ultimately verification and knowledge of your insurance plan is your responsibility. For those patients without coverage options, discounted cash rates are available, and vary depending on diagnosis and treatment.